“Something I want, something I need, something I wear, something I read.” If you keep this jingle in mind when buying Christmas gifts, you’ll be sure to want to add Christopher P. Stanley’s adorable book to your child’s Christmas stocking! The kindle edition is now available on Amazon for only $2.99. (The print version is also available.)
What I liked:
- This book continues the whimsical themes of the first book is Stanley’s I Dreamed series called I Dreamed I Was a Bird. Children can look forward to the next installment in the series!
- The pleasant rhyming tone is present throughout the book and sounds neither contrived nor awkward.
- My seven-year-old found the book equally delightful as I Dreamed I Was a Bird.
- The animal personification was strong and well-executed.
- Whimsical Christmas delights such as this can be enjoyed Christmas after Christmas with each younger generation.
What I disliked:
Unless an older child is sharing this book with a younger child, the story is too simple for children over the age of five or so, limiting its age range. Seven is probably the maximum age for most children.
This post contains my Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase using my link, you will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you!